Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A safe and happy Fourth!

One Fourth of July when I was in high school, my family was in our backyard enjoying some very tame fireworks.  A police officer snuck up on us, expecting - I imagine - to bust a group of drunken teenagers.  Wasn't he surprised to discover my forty-something father lighting off "buzzing bees" and "sparkling lanterns" in front of mom, the kids and grandma all sitting quietly in lawn chairs?  We got off with a warning, but possession of even these seemingly harmless little pyrotechnics remains a misdemeanor in New York State.  If you and your grandma get arrested for possession of bottle rockets (or anything else) this weekend, remember to be polite and respectful to the officer and call me immediately at (585) 447-7597.

No comments:

Post a Comment